The Reeve’s Tale magazine website
The school was built in 1875 for Bawdeswell, Bylaugh and
Foxley at the sole expense of the Rev Henry Lombe of Bylaugh Hall, who was
the Lord of the
His name is on the front, and the motto "PROPOSITI TENAX" .
girls were kept in separate classrooms and did not mix. There are two
entrance doors left and right which kept them apart.
Previously the school was in the old Workhouse next to the church and was for boys only. This was from about 1828. Prior to that there was no school at all.
Today the school has between 80 and 100 pupils and is part of The Synergy Multi-Academy Trust based in Reepham.
For more information phone 01362
Next door is the old schoolmaster's house.
but is now a private residence.